Part Two of our episode on everything color depth. Software and hardware to work in 10-bit, Apple’s new DCI-P3 color space, and more.
Most people know that a higher color (or bit) depth will give you more colors, but may be asking, “What is color depth and how does it work?” Do you have to buy new equipment? Do you even need those extra colors?
In Part Two of our special double episode on Color Depth, we continue the conversation with Renee Besta to talk about software and hardware that you’ll need to maintain 10-bit output throughout your entire workflow.
Missed Part One of this episode?
- 10-bit monitors
- The DCI-P3 color space
- DCI-P3 vs. Adobe RGB
- Upgrades with Apple’s El Capitan
- Maintaining 10-bit color throughout your entire workflow
- Work station graphics cards
- LUT (Look Up Table) and other monitor factors to consider
- Much more!
Listen in to learn about color depth
Ready for more on color depth?
Renee has sent us some additional notes and links to complete her discussion on this episode. They’re available for free as a PDF below.
Love the show? Have some feedback for us? Leave us a review on iTunes.
- Print Varnish Tips: Common Problems & Solutions
- Best Printers for Printing Canvas
- 5 Ways to Increase Your Sales With Vinyl Banners
- 5 Reasons Why Every Print Studio Should Offer Metal Prints
- Protect Your Allure Aqueous Metal Prints With Timeless Varnish
- How to Print Full Bleed on Allure Photo Panels for Direct Aqueous Printing