Learn how to troubleshoot print errors in this in-depth case study that tracks a professional printmaker’s thought process to identify and resolve a print color issue.
We’d love if every single print job you do comes out perfectly, but sometimes things just go wrong. When a print doesn’t look like you expect, where do you start?
Workflow pro Renée Besta is here to demonstrate the troubleshooting process with a case study on diagnosing a print with poor color results. Renée works through the hardware and software methodically to isolate which component in the complex printing process may be triggering inaccurate color.
- Third party paper, custom profile, poor color output – What’s to blame?
- Checking that correct media settings are in place
- Media type mismatch
- Decoding information ICC profiles provide in the file name
- How to tell which stock media type you must use with a given ICC profile (it matters!)
- When a print color issue isn’t actually an error, but the result of inexperienced expectations
- Much more!
Listen in to learn about troubleshooting print color issues
- Listeners featured in this episode include Christopher Kates from ThePaintedPixel.com.
- For more on printing on third party papers, read Renee’s article How to Configure Printer Settings for Third Party Papers.
- Love the show? Have some feedback for us? Leave us a review on iTunes.
Prefer to read over listen? Want to save this conversation for reference later? We transcribe all of our shows for these reasons!