Hard proofing without breaking the bank, and solutions for mounting photo prints.
Hard proofing is the best way to get a feel for how your final print will turn out, but it can be costly! In this episode, Justin covers a few tricks for getting the most for your money when hard proofing. He also covers a few solutions to mount photo prints to rigid substrates to display them without glass, and answers a listener question on the risks of using Glamour II and other water-based varnishes to seal inkjet photo prints.
- The bad news on sealing inkjet photo prints with a water-based varnish
- Photo papers that can be varnished
- Using aerosol varnish
- Hard proofing – how to do it without wasting too much media
- Mounting to a rigid substrate with Miracle Muck
- Mounting to a rigid substrate with Glamour II
- Mounting to a rigid substrate with a lamination process
- Much, much more!
Listen in to learn about hard proofing and mounting prints
- Listeners featured in this episode include Frank from FrankPaulPerez.com, Paul, and Stephen from SPRImages.com.
- Our video on using aerosol varnishes on photo prints.
- For more on mounting photo prints, including a full tutorial on using Miracle Muck, check out our blog post Mounting Canvas Prints: An Excellent Gallery Wrap Alternative.
- You can pick up Miracle Muck, as mentioned in the episode, on the RaphaelsAP website.
- Love the show? Have some feedback for us? Leave us a review on iTunes
Prefer to read over listen? Want to save this conversation for reference later? We transcribe all of our shows for these reasons!