Picking the right media type on Canon machines, fixing paper curl on fine art prints, and more.
Unsure how to tell your printer which media type you’re working with? Professional printmaker Renée Besta is on the show this week to talk through Canon media type settings, setting up great side-by-side soft proofs in Lightroom, and defeating the dreaded paper curl on fine art prints.
- Letting Photoshop control colors on Canon printers
- Making sure your media type matches your desired output
- Decoding Canon special media types
- Taming paper curl – Causes, prevention
- Tools to fix paper curl (low and high cost options)
- The easiest way to keep colors in gamut (and the hard/inefficient way)
- Side-by-side soft-proofing – don’t just trust your memory of color
- Much more!
Listen in to learn about Canon media settings and defeating paper curl
- Check out Renée’s photography on her website, and get our PDF of all of her blog posts and podcast appearances by texting “RBESTA” to 33444.
- Listeners featured in this episode include Jim, Howard, and Otis from Lightscap3s.com.
- Resources to help remove paper curl:
- Love the show? Have some feedback for us? Leave us a review on iTunes.
Prefer to read over listen? Want to save this conversation for reference later? We transcribe all of our shows for these reasons!
- Print Varnish Tips: Common Problems & Solutions
- 4 Options for Stretching Canvas Prints in 2024
- 7 Keys to Achieving Long Print Life
- Interview: Keith Cooper on Starting a Career in Commercial Photography
- Photography Kit Essentials: Core Kit and Emergency Items [1/3]
- 7 Alternative Media Types to Sell More Portrait Photography