Please login to answer

Ask. Learn. Connect with the global BC Community.

Recent Activity

Karen Cohen, Fine'ally Affordable Art & Frame

So am I to understand, given the bead of glue that you're supposed to place on the inside of the stretcher bar and the print, that there is no way to keep the print from touching to the stretcher bar?

When I stretch my canvases the traditional way, I use bars that have a lip on the top to prevent the canvas from touching the stretcher bar. This prevents the bars from showing through when the canvas loosens up. I'd really like to use your Wrappe system, but this is a deal breaker. 

I think it would be just as effective to put the bead of glue on the outside of the bar instead of on the inside. 

October 8, 2014, 5:56 pm • United States

Answers

CAPTCHA Image   Reload Image
Enter Code*:

Justin Bodin, Breathing Color
Karen,

I know the lip you are talking about on most bars. The EasyWrappe Pro system uses as slanted face to solve that problem of the stretcher bar showing through from the backside. That is, the face of the stretcher bar that comes into contact with the canvas is sloped downward, away from the canvas, so that only the top edge/lip makes contact with the backside of the canvas. You cannot see the bar through a print stretched with EasyWrappe. We have a ton of people using EasyWrappe, and that would not be the case if this were happening.

I know plenty of customers who are using EasyWrappe without the glue. You, of course, have to pull the canvas tight and use the stapling method.

October 14, 2014, 11:21 am • United States

Rules