Please login to answer

Ask. Learn. Connect with the global BC Community.

Recent Activity

Mike Sellers,

I am trying to profile Silverada on my HP Z3100 but when I get part way thru the icc chart it will quit. I am using Fine Art Media Type. Should I use a different media type?

September 28, 2014, 10:16 am • United States

Answers

CAPTCHA Image   Reload Image
Enter Code*:

Mike Sellers,
I have made numerous profiles without problem even Fuji Gloss canvas.I tried making a print using a profile I made on Fuji Gloss and the results were ok but seemed lacking. I tried one more profile using a HP Collector Satin media type but once again it wouldn`t read all the patches- it said "Cancelled due to Paper Type /LED problems."

September 29, 2014, 2:25 pm • United States

Justin Bodin, Breathing Color
Hi Mike,

Fine Art Pearl (less ink) is the media type I always tell people to being with when defining a new paper preset for Silverada canvas.

I'm not sure why it would stop working right in the middle of the ICC profile target. I'm not extremely familiar with the Z-series printers and I don't remember having heard this issue before. 

Has this ever happened to you in the past on any other media, by chance?

September 29, 2014, 8:40 am • United States

Mike Sellers,
To follow up. I am using Fine Art Pearl -less ink media type. The chart reader gets about half way thru reading the patches then stops. Is there anything I should try? I only have enough canvas left from my trial roll for one more attempt at profiling it.

September 28, 2014, 12:36 pm • United States

Rules