Please login to answer

Ask. Learn. Connect with the global BC Community.

Recent Activity

Mike Guilbault ,

FujiSpray Mini-Mite 3 best practice

I just purchased the noted HVLP spray system and trying to establish the best settings.  It came with the 1.3 air cap. I've watched the videos, have the spray pattern set and distance correct and have a spray room set up similar to Bill A's.  I seem to be getting too heavy of a coat, especially when I do the horizontal, then vertical spray pattern on a single coat.  How do I get a lighter coat?  I'd rather spray on several light coats than have one too heavy that ends up dripping.

July 16, 2014, 8:21 pm • Canada

Answers

CAPTCHA Image   Reload Image
Enter Code*:

Justin Bodin, Breathing Color
Hi Mike,

As far as the coat being too thick, what does your hand speed look like? You may need to speed it up. You should shoot for about 1 foot per second here.

You can leave the Timeless in the reservoir between coats, but i'd empty it out between prints. Even between coats, it's best to put a moist rag over the nozzle to prevent coating from drying in there.

With Timeless, you should be good to spray the second coat after about 15 minutes of dry time. You're look for the coated print to be dry to the touch.

Hope this helps!

July 22, 2014, 7:29 am • United States

Mike Guilbault ,
And... how long can you keep Timeless in the gun's reservoir for?  I'm pretty sure it can be left in between coats, but how long before the Timeless is not good for spraying?

July 20, 2014, 1:27 pm • Canada

Mike Guilbault ,
and.... how 'dry' should the first coat be before applying a second.  Tacky, dry to the touch, or left for xx hrs?

July 17, 2014, 6:09 pm • Canada

Rules