Please login to answer

Ask. Learn. Connect with the global BC Community.

Recent Activity

Chris Kates, the Painted Pixel

I am using Silverada Canvas with an HP Z3100. The prints look really nice, but they don't dry. I tried coating them after waiting a few days and it does work, but the print no longer looks metallic after being coated. I'm not sure what to do or how to use this product. Should I wait a month for it to dry? I can't tell people it will take a month to make a print.

May 13, 2014, 10:22 am • United States

Answers

CAPTCHA Image   Reload Image
Enter Code*:

Justin Bodin, Breathing Color
That's great! I usually don't recommend the gloss enhancer unless you see the need to. I haven't heard of any reports of gloss differential when using the Silverada.

May 13, 2014, 12:51 pm • United States

Chris Kates, the Painted Pixel
That totally worked!  Would you recommend gloss enhancer or not?  Thank you!

May 13, 2014, 11:36 am • United States

Justin Bodin, Breathing Color
Hi Chris,

No, the Silverada should not take a month to dry; they should be dry basically immediately after coming off of the printer.

This type of drying issue is typically caused by the incorrect media type setting being used when printing. Did you define a custom paper preset for Silverada? If so, which media type did you begin with? 

It's common for someone to select the "Satin Canvas" media type because that sounds close, but it actually uses the incorrect black which can cause this smudging. For the Z3100, I typically recommend using the Fine Art Pearl (less ink) media type which will invoke the correct photo black which will allow your prints to look great and also dry much quicker.

May 13, 2014, 10:44 am • United States

Rules