Please login to answer

Ask. Learn. Connect with the global BC Community.

Recent Activity

G. John Guild,

I recently dropped off some work to be printed on canvas at fine arts print. During my visit I had a discussion with the lab tech. We talked about the type of canvas to be used. He recommended a Breathing Color canvas, a satin finish. (I should have gotten the name of the canvas.) He made the statement that he liked this Breathing Color canvas because is does not required a coating after printing. I was under the impression that prints on canvas should be coated after printing. Have you heard of a Breathing Color canvas that does not require coating after printing the image? Is there anyone in this forum that has a thought on this?

April 17, 2014, 5:39 am • United States

Answers

CAPTCHA Image   Reload Image
Enter Code*:

Justin Bodin, Breathing Color
Hi John,

You're right, traditionally canvas prints are done on a matte canvas and then varnished afterward. We've pioneered the inkjet canvas market and manufactured one that does not need this top coat, saving time and money while still getting great looking, durable canvas prints.

This no-varnish-required satin canvas the lab tech was mentioning is called Crystalline and it also comes in a gloss finish option. Which lab are you using, if you don't mind me asking?

Anyway, if there's anything more we can do to help, feel free to reply back here or give us a ring at 866-722-6567

Best,

Justin
Breathing Color

April 17, 2014, 11:09 am • United States

Rules