Please login to answer

Ask. Learn. Connect with the global BC Community.

Recent Activity

Jim Abels,

I'm having trouble printing on your Silverada Canvas. It seems to curl upwards at the ends and the print head is hitting it. I'm trying the strongest vacuum setting and highest height on on Canon IPF6400.

April 8, 2014, 8:27 pm • United States

Answers

CAPTCHA Image   Reload Image
Enter Code*:

Jim Abels,
Thanks for the help. I rolled it up tightly and stored in the box. I will try reprinting tomorrow. 

April 10, 2014, 11:28 am • United States

Justin Bodin, Breathing Color
Hi Jim,

That's the address I replied to yesterday for the second time. You might want to check your Junk folder in Gmail. I'd recommend searching all folders for "@breathingcolor.com" to discover any emails not immediately visible. You should add the breathingcolor.com domain to your list of acceptable senders.

If you left the roll on the printer for 24 hours, this is most certainly the issue. Glossy or semi-gloss canvas like Silverada will curl much quicker than a matte-surface canvas when exposed to the environment. The coating starts to contract (or expand, based on temperature and humidity) causing the curl to happen in a reverse manner like you're seeing. Canvas in general is susceptible to this type of change with the environment, but gloss/semi-gloss more so. 

Aside from curling, pro-longed storage on the printer can lead to dust collection on the surface, and when printed on, this dust can fleck off causing white voids.

I usually load the canvas roll and do all the prints I need to do, then immediately unload the roll and put it back into the plastic sleeve and roll box.

Feel free to call us anytime also: 866-722-6567.

Here's my original response for reference:

"I can see by the photos that the curl here is quite severe. This is certainly  not a common Silverada problem and haven't seen any other recent reports on this.

Did you happen to leave this roll on the printer for a while without printing? The only time I've seen this myself is leaving the roll on the printer overnight, or something similar. The only downside to Silverada, like most "pre-coated" canvases, is that diligence of keeping the roll in factory packaging as much as possible is required.

Hope this provides some insight. If this isn't the case, let me know, and we'll deal with this in the morning."

April 10, 2014, 10:50 am • United States

Jim Abels,
mrjamesabels@gmail.com Please send the response to this email address. I haven't received your response yet. I just want help. The roll was in the printer for 1 day. The humidity in nj is quite low at the moment but maybe it's enough to affect the canvas. I don't understand why this curls upward instead of forward.

April 10, 2014, 7:54 am • United States

Justin Bodin, Breathing Color
Hi Jim,

I'm not sure if you received my email reply to your original inquiry on Monday, but it appears you didn't so I just resent it.

Looking at the photos you sent along, it looks like the Silverada roll may have been left out of the plastic sleeve for a long period of time which caused it to curl so excessively.

Anyway, I've included some questions and details in my email, so let's chat there.

April 9, 2014, 10:10 am • United States

Rules