Please login to answer

Ask. Learn. Connect with the global BC Community.

Recent Activity

Oleg Kozavchinsky, Art Lex Photo

I recive my trial rolle of 10mil, 255 GSM Metallic Photo Paper.

Not impress at all. Company statement is   This unique and exceptional photo paper is the only metallic paper on the market today that can be compared to the KodakĀ® metallic process.  And, you'll know it's a true metallic the second you see it.

Not even close to Kodak metallic, my first tots when I open the box is the company send me regular semi gloss paper, not  metallic ,I  print pictures for leaving, and use allot of different paper including metallic papers from different company's. Vibrant metallic have good D max ,good color and sharpness , but not good at all metallic sheen, like you describe on the front page, it miles away to be good metallic paper like Kodak endura I use Red river metallic paper before and I tell you just to compare this 2 paper ,hands down Red river paper is the winner, and $100 chipper .You need some additional work to make your paper better.!!!        

January 26, 2014, 12:42 pm • United States

Answers

CAPTCHA Image   Reload Image
Enter Code*:

Justin Bodin, Breathing Color
Hi Oleg,

Thank you for the feedback on our metallic photo paper, but I am very sorry that you weren't impressed with it. I have used the Red River metallic before and I actually found it to be quite similar in terms of the amount of metallic sheen. Did you use the Breathing Color ICC profile and print settings during your testing with the trial roll you ordered?

Regarding the price of the Red River metallic, you have to keep in mind that their rolls are half the length of ours (17"x50' versus 17"x100',) thus the price difference.

January 27, 2014, 10:02 am • United States

Rules