Please login to answer

Ask. Learn. Connect with the global BC Community.

Recent Activity

Nicholas Pucel, NJDesign

Need help with an HP designjet T520 24

I printed on lyve canvas and when coated with timeless, it seems that the image darkens and gets a pinkish tint to it. Is there an icc profile I should use? why paper type should I choose, there is no water color paper choice to choose from.

December 17, 2013, 9:15 am • United States

Answers

CAPTCHA Image   Reload Image
Enter Code*:

Nicholas Pucel, NJDesign
Sorry.. Yeah I forgot to put that in the first post. Could that be the problem? I don't want to keep wasting expensive canvas. My profit will be right out the window. I printed a new one last night and it is bright and the colors match the digital image. It is just when I coat it that it starts to get darker and get the pinkish tint.  

December 17, 2013, 1:20 pm • United States

Justin Bodin, Breathing Color
I didn't see where you mentioned how long you are letting the print dry after coating? I usually recommend 24 hours before coating in order to let the drying process complete fully.

December 17, 2013, 11:40 am • United States

Nicholas Pucel, NJDesign
I think it shifts right after coating. Am I letting the print dry long enough after printing before coating? should I be letting it dry for 24 hours?

December 17, 2013, 11:31 am • United States

Justin Bodin, Breathing Color
Do you see color shifting prior to coating, or just after? What type of light are you viewing the finished piece in? Take the same print in daylight, does this pinkish tint disappear? 

It would be ideal to use an ICC profile for Lyve and your printer, though we don't currently offer one for that combination, as this model is not a common one for fine art reproduction.

On that model, I'm not sure which media type setting options you have available. The specifications page on HP's website doesn't list canvas as a supported media type, so I would assume that you don't have a "Canvas" option. You'll want to select one that is as heavy as possible and matte.

December 17, 2013, 9:48 am • United States

Rules