Epson 7880 Printer Information
EPSON Stylus Pro 7880
Breathing Color is now an authorized dealer of Epson printers, ink, and media as of June 1, 2010. Please call us for pricing and to place orders. All products will be added to the online store soon.
EPSON 7880 General InformationThe Epson 7880 is a new 24 inch wide format inkjet printer from Epson offerring robust new technology that promises to deliver wider color gamut, improved dmax, and faster printing speeds when compared to the previous series of Epson Stylus Pro 7800 and Epson 7600 printers.
Furthermore, the Epson Stylus Pro 7880 also allows you to switch between photo black and matte black ink - something new and refreshing to most Epson users.
the Epson 24 inch series printers and this new Epson 7880 have appealed
to the extremely wide base of fine art photographers who dont
particularly need the extra width offerred by the Epson 9880 (44 inches wide) or the Epson 11880 (64" super wide format).
Epson 7880 and ICC Profiles, Inkjet Canvas, and Fine Art Paper
* Professional media handling up to 24 inches wide
* NEW Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta ink technology
* NEW Epson MicroPiezo® AMC™ print head technology
* Versatile paper handling — handles roll or cut-sheet media from letter size up to 24 inches wide (accommodates posterboard media up to 1.5 mm thick).
* Eight individual, high-capacity ink cartridges: 110 ml and 220 ml (fill vol.)
* NEW standard USB 2.0 interface and 10/100Base-T Ethernet
* NEW native, 16-bit printer drivers for Mac OS® 10.5
Latest generation print head technology
New, 8-channel print head with ink repelling coating technology
* Print head designed to handle 8 separate ink channels
* One-inch wide, high-performance print head with 180 nozzles per channel
* All-new ink repelling coating to reduce nozzle clogging
New Epson AccuPhoto HD screening technology
* Advanced screening algorithm resulting in prints with superior color and clarity
* Maximum resolution of 2880 x 1440 dpi for incredibly sharp text and line art
* Extremely accurate, fine blends and photographic transitions
Variable-sized droplet with AMC technology
* Variable-sized droplets as small as 3.5 picoliters to greatly decrease print times while optimizing photographic quality
* Enhanced Active Meniscus Control (AMC) technology to precisely control the curvature of every ink droplet within each nozzle before releasing it onto the media (The result is extremely sharp and accurate placement of the ink droplets for outstanding photographic print quality.)
Epson PreciseColor™ manufacturing
In order to ensure consistent printing between multiple Epson Stylus Pro printers of the same model, Epson has enhanced the manufacturing process to include colorimetric calibration. Eliminating the need for internal calibration devices, this system evaluates and adjusts each printer’s performance at the manufacturing stage, producing consistent color output from printer to printer.
Automatic print head alignment technology
* Built-in sensor that reads printed data for highly precise alignment of all color channels (aligns both single and bi-directional print modes)
Automatic nozzle check technology
* Built-in sensor that reads nozzle check patterns and automatically cleans the print head if any problems are found – even partially clogged nozzles
Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta ink technology
Industry-defining, 8-color, pigment-based ink system
* High-density pigments for an extremely wide color gamut
* Radically new formulation of Magenta pigments for extremely vibrant blues and purples
* Professional print permanence ratings for truly sellable prints
* High-gloss Microcrystal Encapsulation™ technology for reduced gloss differential
* Superior scratch resistance from improved pigment and resin chemistry
* Color that’s stable immediately after printing – no short-term color shifting
* Black density up to 2.5 with an L value of 3.9* (depending upon the media) * Data based on Epson Premium Luster Photo Paper (260)
Three-level Black ink technology
* Simultaneously uses Black, Light Black and Light Light Black ink
* Significantly improves the printer’s gray balance while eliminating color casts
* Delivers outstanding midtones and highlights for a smoother tonal range
* Virtually eliminates the metamerism and bronzing of basic pigment chemistry
* Enhances the ICC profiling process for ColorSync™ and ICM™ workflows
Two user-exchangeable Black ink modes
Printers can utilize two different Black ink modes – Photo Black or Matte Black. This innovative solution optimizes the Black ink density for various media types, dramatically improving the final print quality.
The standard Photo Black ink mode can be used for any media type with professional results. However, for certain Epson media such as Velvet Fine Art, Enhanced Matte and UltraSmooth® Fine Art, using the optional Matte Black ink mode instead will dramatically increase your black optical density for even better print quality.
Professional media handling
* Versatile media handling — prints on virtually any media type, in roll or cut-sheet format, up to 24 inches wide
* Unique, front-loading, straight-through media path through which all media is loaded
* Accurate, automatic loading of cut-sheet media up to 24 inches wide in a variety of weights, including posterboard up to 1.5 mm thick
* User-adjustable roll media spindle — accepts either 2-inch or 3-inch media cores
* Built-in automatic cutting system that supports most media types
* Optional manual media cutter for cutting even the thickest of media types
For more information on Epson 7880, see below:
Epson 7880 General Information
Epson 7880 Dual Black Feature in the Stylus Pro Series
Epson 7880 Black & White Technology
Epson 7880 Ultrachrome Ink
Epson 7880 Photo Gallery