Our perpetual goal at Breathing Color is to never be satisfied and constantly keep improving. We strive to make our products as “clean” and consistent as possible, which is a very tall order when it comes to inkjet canvas. Our quality control is more strict and discerning than any other inkjet canvas manufacturer in the industry and still, we are not satisfied.
So as you would expect, we have gathered your feedback and comments over the past year in an effort to identify areas to make improvements to our canvases. While the suggestions were few, we concluded that there was an opportunity to do some fine tuning. Most importantly, we felt that a little fine tuning would ultimately lead to higher quality and even more consistent output for our customers. To us, that’s hard to ignore.
So – I am pleased to announce that after countless man hours of feedback analysis, equipment scrutiny, and tons of trial and error, we have completed the fine tuning and have made the following improvements to our canvases:
1. We have further improved and refined roll-to-roll consistency by removing more blemishes when compared to industry standard canvas. This means you should see less gesso blobs, pulled threads, cotton seeds, irregular weave, loose debris on the surface, etc.
2. We have improved the flexibility and softness (or “hand”) of our canvas. The added flexibility means our canvas will be much easier and faster to stretch, with less tension required. The improved softness means that the canvas will feel more natural and less rigid.
If you’re not looking out for them, you might not ever notice these improvements because admittedly the adjustments are subtle. Also, considering that we have not made any tweaks or adjustments to the inkjet receptive coatings, your prints will look exactly the same as they always have. We sincerely hope that these improvements further demonstrate our steadfast commitment to quality and innovation. Most importantly, we hope to improve the final quality of your product, whilst making your production even faster and more efficient than it already is — with less waste, less wasted time, and more profit.
This improved canvas has already been shipping across all product lines for several weeks now. We look forward to your continued feedback as we continue to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Letter from the President
- New Canon iPF printers. Are they worth it?
- Announcing “The Art of Printmaking” Blog
- Top 5 Printmaking Tips,Tricks,Techniques – October ’11
- Find Out Why I Advise Against Optical Brightener Additives (“OBA’s”) When Long-Term Image Permanence is Desired
- Introducing the BC App. For iPhone, Android, & more.
- Product Release: New Timeless Foam Roller Kit